Sunday, June 11, 2006

Par for the course

So today was the first day of decent weather we've had in weeks. Actually, it was gorgeous. I spent the majority of it, however, driving around eastern Massachusetts trying to find the closest disc golf course in a town called Topsfield. The link should take you to its pdga.com info page where the course is described as having "some water hazards." Now I know eastern Mass has had trouble with flooding, and we have had two straight weeks of rain... but I swear there were water hazards on half the holes there. One actually involved throwing your disc across a pond. With the hole surrounded by trees and water. From 250 ft. Yeah. Don't believe me? Here's a picture (please forgive the suckiness of my camera phone):



I strategically skipped that hole. And about 5 others that were equally ludicrous. In fact, the majority of the course was in knee-high grass, so you'd need a tracking device to find even a good throw. I was lucky a few times. My archangel flew into the brush and it took me half an hour to find it.

But all things considered it was a good day. I got some sun, and familiarized myself with the area. One thing I forgot to mention in a previous post: none of the roads are labeled, and random forks are, erm... par for the course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home