Saturday, October 07, 2006

Is this it?

I'm down. Saturday night. No date. Nothing going on. I actually went to a poker party, but it ended far sooner than it should have. It's the fastest way to lose $5.

My friend told me last month she is getting a divorce, but it wasn't until this week that she learned that her husband has been cheating on her for several years. Another one of my friends suffered a recent break-up. Honestly, I am losing all faith in relationships. I can count the number of stable ones on one hand, and that is no lie. I keep thinking to myself, "Is this it? Is this as good as life gets before I either die or get a mindless job that squeezes every ounce of passion and creativity out of me?"

I think it's time for screwdrivers and Simpsons DVDs before I get (more) depressed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home