Saturday, January 06, 2007

Feeling a bit proud

Last night I spent a manly hour drinking beer, listening to rock music, and sewing. That's right, sewing. A couple of months ago I returned home to realize that my jeans felt a bit draftier than before. Upon further inspection I noticed they had a 6" rip from the waist and down the right rear pocket. While classy, this is not the fashion statement I wanted to start. For the past two months these jeans (only a couple of weeks old at the time) have been draped across my office chair begging for attention which they finally received last night.

Now, you must keep in mind that I haven't stitched anything since, well, ever. Both my mother and my sister are excellent with needles of all sorts, but my throbbing thumb and index finger from countless stabbings tell me I am not.

The first several minutes proved to be quite unproductive, but after some practice (and more beer) I started to get the hang of it. I'm not sure what sort of stitch I used (wikipedia's articles on the matter don't show pictures, so it was difficult to identify), but it seemed to do the job well. Observe!


7 Comments:

At 10:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been using iron on patches with some luck. Though, I think I need to do some stitching of the patches to make sure they stay on. Good to see that you're blogging Joe...

 
At 2:25 PM , Blogger canadahauntsme said...

I saw the iron-on patches in the store, but they always seemed to look a little odd to me. Also, as you noted, they don't stay on well. Sewing the tear somewhat concealed it, while patching it would look a little more, well, obvious.

 
At 5:51 AM , Blogger Suze said...

woohoo! good for you!

 
At 8:49 PM , Blogger Minnesota Marcus said...

Dude...I'm tired of looking at your jeans. Give us another update!

 
At 7:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

spam is obnoxious

 
At 12:14 PM , Blogger Greg Prosmushkin said...

Thanks for taking the time to share these wonderful posts with us. I found your posts to be very enjoyable to read. Have a great rest of your day and keep up the informative posts.
Lawyer Philadelphia

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home